- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 regular marshmallows
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal (Kellog’s Rice Krispies or similar)
- Fruit Roll Ups
- Swedish Fish
- Colored Twizzlers
- Various other candy that you want to use as the roll filler or on top of the Nigri style sushi
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir marshmallows until completely melted.
2. Remove mixture from heat and add cereal. Stir to coat cereal evenly in melted marshmallows. Spread rice cereal mixture onto lightly greased pan (very light spray, just enough to make it easier for you to manipulate the mixture). Consider using a rolling pin if you feel the need to yell not-so-nice words at this point.
3. For roll: place twizzlers or other flexible candy at the edge of the rice cereal mixture. Wrap and roll, to a sushi roll shape.
4. Wet knife with warm/hot water and slice the log into pieces. Then wrap each roll with a piece of fruit roll up, resembling seaweed wrap…or pink soy paper :)
5. For Nigiri Sushi (fish on top): use your hands to roll a small section of the rice cereal mixture into an oval shape (like the nigiri sushi rice bed). Please a Swedish fish on top and wrap with a piece of fruit roll up.
6. All done! Give to a friend to enjoy!