Blair Waldorf Quinoa Salad
Do you really think Blair Waldorf eats a Jason’s Deli salad for lunch? No, she certainly does not! You better believe that she gets Dorota to cook up this super quinoa salad along with legit silverware and a monogrammed napkin for her Gucci lunch tote. Then again, she is a yankee and might not love a good monogram like us southerners.
This is incredibly easy and quick to prepare and it is DELICIOUS for a healthy but filling lunch, especially on these super hot days!
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segments chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped (I wait to do this until lunch time to avoid browning)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- spices, of course I used Tony Chachere
For the lemon vinaigrette: ( I didn’t make any because I was out of lemons, but just added evoo and lime juice to the final product)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of sweetner
- 6 tbps evoo
1. Cook quinoa according to package direction. Tip- 1 to 2 ratio for quinoa to water. Ex. 1/2 cup quinoa = 1 cup of water. Bring quinoa and water to boil, then lower heat to simmer; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine vinaigrette ingredients in jar, water bottle, ziploc bag (whatever your sweet heart desires) and shake to combine.
3. Combine cooked quinoa with other salad ingredients, including vinaigrette. Serve cold or room temperature. Cold is MUCH BETTER…imo.